For the Cake:
- 1 (8 to 10-inch) prepared vanilla food cake
- 3/4 cup strong black coffee (room temperature)
- 1/4 cup coffee liqueur
For the Filling:
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese (softened)
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 3 tablespoons coffee liqueur
For the Frosting:
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon coffee powder
- 1 (8-ounce) container frozen whipped topping (thawed)
For the Drizzle:
- 1/4 cup fudge ice cream topping
- 1 tablespoon coffee liqueur
- Using a serrated knife, cut the angel food cake horizontally into 3 layers. Place the bottom cake layer on a serving platter; set other layers aside on a flat work surface.
- In a small bowl, combine the coffee and 1/4 cup of the coffee liqueur.
- With a long-tined fork or skewers, poke holes all over on all three layers.
- Drizzle mixture evenly over the tops of all three layers to soak mixture into holes.
- Make the filling: use an electric mixer to cream together cream cheese, powdered sugar, and coffee liqueur until blended and smooth.
- Place bottom cake layer on serving platter. Spread with half of the filling mixture.
- Place a second cake layer on top of first layer and spread the top with remaining filling.
- Place the third cake layer on top of second cake layer.
- Make the Frosting. In a small bowl, stir together the icing sugar with the coffee powder.
- Fold mixture into the thawed whipped topping just until blended.
- Frost the entire cake with the whipped topping mixture. Chill cake for at least 2 hours.
- Before serving, stir together the fudge ice cream topping and coffee liqueur. Drizzle over chilled cake.